Thursday, October 22, 2009

Another Tennessean comes to PC!

Get ready Park City! Tennessee is moving in. Starting in December, yet another TR student from UT will be starting her internship at NAC!!! I am so excited! Evan and I found out tonight, and Jessie finds out tomorrow. : ) I knew that she would have no problem getting it. What a fun winter this is going to be! YAYYY! I had to tell SOMEONE, since I can't tell her. Luckily she doesn't know I have a blog.

It's been a great week, even without that news. I babysat the CUTEST kid ever last night. His name is Parker, and he is 18 months, happy and cute cute cute. Unfortunately last night he wasn't feeling well and decided to throw up all over me...it's lucky for him that I am obsessed with him. Today Andrea and I drove about an hour and a half out to the Rossignol warehouse in Ogden to pick up lots of sweet donations for our ski sale on Saturday. Lots of new boots & skis, some slightly used ones and some rando boots for those who only need one. So many that we couldn't have fit another thing into the bed or the cab of the Tacoma we were driving. Then we drove the truck and a suburban over to our storage unit (which we got for free because the number is 666 and no one wanted it) and we filled both cars to the brim with donated boots, skis, a snowboard and some one-piece snow suits that were donated to us throughout the year. We unloaded all of that into the building and spent about another hour trying boots on, picking out our favorite skis and eating pizza. Tomorrow we get to organize and price out all of it. I really don't need anything but gosh, new skis or boots for $25? I can hardly pass that up. Tonight I hung out with some of our baseball kiddos from our Miracle League for their end of the season party. They came to work and climbed the climbing wall and ate pizza. They are so cute.

Tomorrow we are all going to see the new Warren Miller film. This is my first Warren Miller experience, which is apparently THE event to kick of the ski season. His films feature lots of footage of professional skiers doing some crazy stuff and they always have a pretty big adaptive section...my boss's husband Monty has been in them twice as a 3-tracker. They heli-ski and do all this crazy stuff. We have a big group going so that we could get a dollar off the tickets and we also get a free pass to the Canyons!
Well, it should be a good weekend. Its still fairly warm ( 50's) and I think I'm going to take advantage by riding my bike to work tomorrow! We'll see if it really happens.

Also...it is the 3rd weekend in October, which means we play Alabama this weekend. They are undefeated, but we ain't scared. GO VOLS!!!

1 comment: